Tuesday, March 3, 2015

Cutting and Shredding along the Woods N Fence Line

This morning Greg and Fred, OU Arborists and I met Shain and Tommie OEC at NW corner of Woods. OEC began trimming trees along the north fence line. They will prune trees and shred the vegetation up to 10 feet S of the power lines. Heather's class was out, placing new pigs: 12 on the upper terrace and 6 below on the floodplain. The northern edge of the Woods will be transformed this week and will look scalped. I collected my bug traps. I explained the Woods was a sensitive area and asked that the trimming always be conservative where possible. I trust they will honor this; but there will be a significant disturbance of the habitat.
At 4 I walked the NE Tree Loop to enjoy the late winter Woods while still peaceful and untrimmed. 57 F today with piles of snow melting this morning and more snow and sleet due tonight. Spring.

No comments:

Post a Comment